Ultimele DSLR-uri apărute pe piaţă anunţau progrese importante în ceea ce priveşte sensibilitatea senzorilor şi reducerea zgomotului de imagine. O analiză mai detaliată a performanţelor acestora puteţi găsi aici.
Citez doar concluziile:
(1) The 1Ds3 and the Nikon D3 are superb performers in respect of both noise and resolution, judged from Super A3 size real-world photographs2 printed on high DMax media in an Epson 3800.
(2) That said, correct digital exposure technique (Expose to the Right – ETTR) is a must for achieving optimal results.
(3) The noise you see on a display may or may not be a reliable indicator of noise you will see in a print, depending on the size of the print.
(4) Beyond a certain threshold in the lower noise range, the noise measurements from noise reduction software is a useful indicator of noise you will see in a print.
(5) Using the Canon 24~105 f/4 L lens, resolution visibly deteriorates relative to the “sweet range” when the aperture is narrowed beyond f/11, but sharpening mitigates it.